The benefits of dental implants are not just for your oral health. They are a permanent method of tooth replacement, mimicking the form and function of a natural tooth, but they also give you back the quality of life you had before you lost any of your teeth. Dental implants are strong, natural looking, natural feeling, and do not require any extra daily maintenance other than normal brushing and flossing. And because they are anchored in place, dental implants won’t ever slip or pop out of your mouth at an inopportune time.
Dr. Kevin Khorshid in Las Vegas focuses on smile restoration. He understands that missing teeth affect not only the way you eat, but also the way you speak, and more importantly, they affect how you feel. He works with each patient to craft an individual treatment plan designed to help you get back your confidence and quality of life. He knows that the benefits of dental implants go far beyond fixing gaps in your teeth.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are designed to act and feel like your natural teeth. Dentures and partials just sit on your gums, and bridges are attached to other teeth. Implants, however, are inserted into a very small hole in your jaw, where they remain permanently in place. Dr. Khorshid makes a very small incision into the gums and inserts a small titanium post into the jaw bone. This post is your new “root.” He then cements a dental crown into place over the post. Each crown is specially made to match your remaining teeth, so nobody will ever notice that you have implants.
The procedure is minimally invasive, and patients typically heal quickly. Once the jaw and gums are totally healed, you can eat, speak, and socialize as you did when you had a full set of your own teeth. Most patients begin to realize the benefits of dental implants the same day they leave the office, as they leave with an instant boost to their self-confidence.
The Benefits Of Dental Implants
Dental implants have become very popular among patients in the Las Vegas area, and they are equally popular among dental professionals. Doctors understand the oral health benefits of dental implants, while patients are more partial to the practical advantages.
Some of the Benefits of Implants are:
- Strength – Dental implants can withstand about 80% of the pressure of your natural teeth. So while you shouldn’t chew ice or sticky candy, you can eat most of the same foods that you did before tooth loss. You’ll never have to turn down corn on the cob again.
- Permanent – Dental implants can last your lifetime if you take good care of them by brushing, flossing, and maintaining your regular checkups. Partials, full dentures, and bridges have to be adjusted and replaced every so often.
- Healthy – When you lose one tooth, even due to an accident, you’re almost always going to lose more. One missing tooth causes shrinkage in jaw and tissue density, and causes your other teeth to shift, leaving them more vulnerable to breakage and decay. One of the biggest benefits of dental implants is their ability to maintain that mass, thus protecting your remaining teeth.
- Feel Natural – At first, you will be able to run your tongue over your teeth and feel your crown. But once you’re healed up and used to the crown, you’ll likely forget that you ever needed a tooth replaced. You can’t feel the post, and your crown will become a natural part of your mouth.
- Look Natural – Nobody will be able to tell by looking at you that you have implants. Dr. Khorshid knows that the biggest benefit of dental implants for patients is their natural look. That’s why he’s meticulous when it comes to matching your crown to your teeth. He can create a new tooth that matches color, size, and shape so that it will blend in and you can get back to living your life.No extra maintenance – Dentures and partials require daily scrubs, soaks, and special handling. You care for dental implants the same way you care for your other teeth. Brush and floss twice a day and be sure to keep your
- No Extra Maintenance – Dentures and partials require daily scrubs, soaks, and special handling. You care for dental implants the same way you care for your other teeth. Brush and floss twice a day and be sure to keep your six-month checkups with Dr. Kevin. But you won’t have to go out of your way to care for implants.
Choose A Dental Implant Leader
A lot of dentists in Las Vegas offer dental implants, but not all dental implants are created equal. At DentalImplantsLasVegas.org, the staff is committed to both the science and the art of implant dentistry. The biggest benefit of Dental Implants for patients is their natural look and feel, so if the size, color, or shape is off – even a little – you won’t be happy with your new smile. Dr Kevin and his team are up to date on the most advanced techniques and methods, and are committed to giving patients a new smile they can be proud of.